Max-Insight is a suite of tools that is offered by MaxVal for patent professionals. The tools are designed to help with routine tasks that can consume a lot of a patent professional’s time.
Patent Term Estimator – The Most Popular Tool
This free tool automatically estimates a patent’s expiration date, which is the first step in analyzing a patent. When a highly accurate patent expiration date is required, for example in preparation for litigation or for a licensing negotiation, MaxVal provides a comprehensive Patent Term Calculation report, including a manual review of the source data by a paralegal. This report is available for a fee.
Here is a complete list of the tools available through MaxVal’s Max-Insight:
- PAIR AlertTM
- Patent Term Estimator
- Patent Family Tree
- Claim Chart Generator
- IDS Generator (for Information Disclosure Statements)
- USPTO Widget (for patent data lookup by publication or application number)
- Claims Set Comparison Tool
- PAIR Uploader (upload EFS ready documents in bulk to PAIR)
- Litigation Checker (quickly check to see if a patent has been involved in any litigation)
- Patent Assignment Tracker
An entry level subscription to the Max-Insight suite is available for free at MaxVal.com. Unlimited access is available with Enterprise paid subscriptions.
MaxVal has recently released a number of enhancements to the tool suite. This includes,
- SSL security protection. All transactions are now protected with a Secure Sockets Layer.
- IDS Generator E-Mail. The IDS Generator now delivers results directly to the user via e-mail.
- Claim Chart Generator. The Claims Chart Generator can now extract claims from EP and PCT cases, in addition to U.S. cases.
- Litigation Checker tool. Users can now check the litigation status of Design patents and Re-issued patents, in addition to Utility patents.
Enhancements to MaxVal’s Alert Services
In addition to Max-Insight, IP professionals rely on MaxVal’s Alert Services to keep them up to date on their own or competitors’ applications and cases.
MaxVal has recently released its PTAB Alert Service. You can track the progress of PTAB cases automatically.
MaxVal’s Litigation Databank contains a comprehensive database of U.S. District Court, CAFC, ITC and Supreme Court cases. You can set “watches” to alert you of changes to the status of cases of interest to you and your clients.
PAIR Alert – An email-based alert assists patent professionals in tracking PAIR/EPO patent prosecution status and IFW updates for patent applications of interest (your/competitors’). PAIR Alert is now available as part of Max-Insight.
Coming Soon: Self-service PTA Calculator
MaxVal will soon release an enhanced Patent Term Adjustment calculator. This new tool supports attorneys and paralegals who wish to do the (PTA) recalculations themselves, but want assistance in gathering the required data.
MaxVal welcomes user feedback and suggestions on the tools. We are continuing to develop the tools in response to user input. If you have not tried Max-Insight, we suggest you do. The basic tools are available at no cost with free registration. Sign up here.