Max-IDS is MaxVal’s cloud-based, hosted, Information Disclosure/Reference Management solution. Max-IDS is much more than a form generator. Max-IDS stores your references in a centralized database together with information about the cases citing each reference. This promotes consistency, reduces confusion and makes ad-hoc solutions (such as individual spreadsheets) unnecessary.
MaxVal is constantly looking for ways to improve Max-IDS. Based on user feedback, we have recently added the following enhancements to Max-IDS:
- Reference source comments
- Reference comparison chart enhancement
- Case and Group functionality
Reference Source Comments
Max-IDS helps you keep your references organized. Reference “Source Comments” are tags users can assign to their references. For example, relevant tags may include “search result”, “PTO” or “Inventor”. Source Comments make references easier to find and sort, and communicate the source of the references. MaxVal has just added the following new source related functionality:
- “Additional Source Comments” - Your Max-IDS administrator can now define tags specifically for your organization, and add new tags at any time.
- “Copy Source Comments from One Case to Another” – Users can compare cases, copy and append source comments from one case to another.
We have also added a handy “Reference Extractor”. Users can import references directly from the Max-IDS PDF viewer. This eliminates the time consuming and error-prone process of OCR-ing documents to extract references. The Reference Extractor complements the existing Max-IDS bulk import tools.
Reference Chart Enhancements
Reference Charts are one of Max-IDS’ most powerful features. Reference Charts show all references shared between a set of documents, and show which documents cite the reference. This makes inconsistencies immediately visible. This is extremely valuable when working with foreign filings and patent families.
The Status of each application is now visible in the Comparison Chart. For example "Abandon", "Filed Pending", "Pending Published", "Allowed" or "Issued".
Case and Group Functionality Enhancements
In addition to tracking references, Max-IDS tracks the cases that use the references. These cases contain the patent applications, granted patents and related foreign family filings. Cases can be grouped to enable outside counsel can see just their cases. MaxVal has just released these enhancements to the Case and Group features:
- “Search within a Case Group” - A new feature is the ability to search for references within a group of cases. This makes it easy for outside counsel to find the references for their cases.
- “Group List Asset Count Report” – Clicking on the Export option in the List View will now download the group list along with the asset count for each group into an Excel spreadsheet. Users can also export all the IDS records from a search result in a single instance.
Finally, we have improved security by enhancing the password security policy.
Support and Managed Services
Of course, MaxVal continues to provide Live Support to Max-IDS users and administrators.
Max-IDS is a cloud-based hosted software product. Users and administrators access Max-IDS through a browser based interface. MaxVal provides support and training for Max-IDS administrators. MaxVal also offers Max-IDS as a fully managed service. We can configure, maintain and administer your Max-IDS server for you.
If you would like more information on these new features, or you would like to see a Max-IDS demonstration, please contact us at email@example.com.